Our vision is to provide our clients with skilled private investigations in a timely and efficient manner. We strive to handle each matter with accountability and responsiveness, as if we were investigating a case for ourselves.
INTEGRITY – We lead by example in all we do. We set the highest goals of honesty and ethics.
SERVICE – Our work is handled timely and efficiently.
EXCELLENCE – Our work reflects our best efforts, never less.
TEAMWORK – You are our client. We know that to achieve your business goals, we need to operate as a team. The best results are achieved through this collaboration.
We understand that our client’s needs are sensitive, and as such the nature of our private investigations are sensitive. We uphold the highest standards of confidentiality in the industry to insure that your interests are protected at all times, and never compromised. We maintain strict privacy standards, and only provide information to you, our client.
Why choose International Specialized Investigations?
When you decide to use a private investigator, you want to be confident that you are working with a company you can trust. At International Specialized Investigations we have a proven track record as a trustworthy company.
Why choose us? We hold an up to date license with the Texas Department of Public safety and we have the necessary insurance that the State of Texas requires to provide private investigations.
We are registered with the Better Business Bureau and a member of the Texas Association of Licensed Investigators.
We provide 24 hour private investigator services throughout Texas and Mexico. International Specialized Investigations prides itself on high success rate on all cases, discretion is assured at all times.
All of our services are carried out with the utmost professional discretion. Every stage of our service is completed with total confidentiality.
We will never pass your details on to any third parties and we always destroy all details once our service is complete – ensuring that there is no record of your investigation.
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!
Private Investigator Licensing Requirements in Texas
Private investigators with International Specialized Investigations are regulated by the Texas Department of Public Safety/Private Security Bureau (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/psb/) as provided in the Private Security Act (Chapter 1702, Texas Occupations Code).
It is a violation of the Texas Occupations Code to advertise, solicit business, bid on contracts or perform any investigative services without being properly licensed. Violations can result in administrative and civil penalties as well as criminal filings against the violator.
Private Investigator Qualification Summary:
An agency must have a qualified manager who has to have a minimum of 3 years experience (or combination of higher education and experience), pass a written exam and show proof of liability insurance. If the person does not qualify as the manager/owner, they will have to locate an agency that will hire and train them as a private investigator. To be licensed as a PI, you must be 18 years of age or older with no criminal history (see specific requirements). Again, it is like applying for any other job and you must find a licensed agency that will hire and train you as a private investigator if you do not meet the requirements to own your own agency.
To operate in Texas, a PI agency must have a qualifying manager that directly supervises the agency and investigators licensed under their company. This manager must have experience and qualifications that meet one of the following:
- Three (3) consecutive years of investigation-related experience
- A bachelor’s degree in criminal justice; a bachelor’s degree, with an additional six months of investigation-related experience
- An associate degree in criminal justice or related course of study, with an additional twelve months of investigation-related experience; or a specialized course of study directly designed for and related to the private investigations profession, taught and presented through affiliation with a four-year college or university accredited and recognized by the State of Texas. This course of study must be endorsed by the four year college or university’s department of criminal justice program and include a departmental faculty member(s) on its instructional faculty. This course of study must consist of a minimum of two hundred face-to-face classroom hours including coverage of ethics, Private Security Board administrative rules, the Private Security Act, and related statutes. Other combinations of education and investigation-related experience may be substituted for the above at the discretion of the Bureau manager. The bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees and specialized courses referenced in section (a) of this rule must be affiliated with a college or university recognized by the Texas Higher Education Coordination Board, Southern Association of Schools and Colleges or other accreditation organization recognized by the State of Texas.
After meeting the qualifications for manager, the person must register to take the manager’s exam with the Private Security Bureau. Upon successful completion of the written exam, the person must show proof of liability insurance.
Upon qualifying as the manager/owner of the agency, the manager can hire other individuals that can operate as private investigators under their agency after they meet the manager’s requirements (including the requirements below). To be licensed and employed by a licensed company as a private investigator, a person must meet all the requirements set forth in Texas Occupations Code 1702.113, summarized in part (but not in whole) below. The person must
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Not have been convicted, in any jurisdiction, of a felony level offense;
- Not have been convicted, in any jurisdiction, of a Class A or equivalent misdemeanor;
- Not have been convicted, within the past 5 years, in any jurisdiction, of a Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense;
- Not currently charged with, or under indictment for, a felony, or a Class A misdemeanor;
- Not currently charged with, a Class B misdemeanor;
- Not have been found by a court to be incompetent by reason of a mental defect or disease and not have been restored to competency;
- Not have been dishonorably discharged from the United States armed services, discharged from the United States armed services under other conditions determined by the Board to be prohibitive, or dismissed by the United States armed services if a commissioned office in the United States armed services;
- Not be required to register in this or any other state as a sex offender.
International Specialized Investigations has a qualified manager and license with the Texas Department of Public Safety. Our private investigators maintain continuing education credits as mandated by the State of Texas. Our private investigators also keep up to date with courses that keep them knowledgeable about all the latest investigative techniques, technology and laws that have an impact on our clients and their cases.
International Specialized Investigations is licensed to provide private investigations in Texas.
Our Texas D.P.S. license is A18949
Speak with a Licensed Private Investigator
If you want to talk in detail about your particular situation, or ask a specific question about our confidentiality policy, contact us via the information below. We would love to hear from you with any concerns you may have. We work in a sensitive industry, and we recognize our client’s need to ensure their security and their privacy are maintained.
Call us at 281-410-1334 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at our services
International Specialized Investigations provides a wide range of private investigator services in Texas and Mexico.